Wednesday, March 30, 2011

boys, service, and LeatherSIRs: Mid-Atlantic LeatherSIR/Leatherboy/Community Bootblack, Baltimore, MD

Assuming the title of Mid-Atlantic LeatherSIR for the second time, Sir John is a conscientious Leatherman who wants to bring out the best in his boys. I see in him qualities that I try to groom in myself: patience, understanding, and a paternal sense of care for those men who wear his collar. A Leatherman who I am honored to call “brother.”

The mark of a LeatherSIR is not measured by contests or judge's remarks. Sir John demonstrated this well in how he treated his boys throughout the weekend. On Sunday, I entered a shared dungeon to hear Sir John comforting his newest boy. I listened as he explained about consensual Leathersex and the realization of each man's fantasies. With a clear and tender tone, he repeated his message until he felt the assurance that his boy understood.

I was also honored over the weekend to have my newest boy by my side. A paradigm of the traditional Leatherboy. Having been a Leatherboy decades ago, I understand what it feels like to wear a Sir's collar, to serve Him, to please Him, to succumb to His power during a scene.

My idea of the model Leatherboy is based on my own experience. Other sirs have their own ideas based on their training, background, and their different localities. Given this, I present a list of a few of the things that I was taught as a Leatherboy and that I value now as a LeatherSIR.

  • a boy shows his respect for his Sir through good manners and protocols. he walks slightly behind his Sir out of respect. he opens doors for his Sir. he waits until his Sir is seated before dining together. he carries his Sir's bags. he kneels at his Sir's feet to put on His boots, the ultimate acknowledgment of his Sir's power. And he kneels to take them off. Protocols are only the beginning of a boy's devotion to his Sir.

  • a boy is well-mannered with everyone he meets. he is never rude.

  • a boy keeps himself well-groomed. This includes trimming away all hair on the torso and pubic area. I remember the first time that I shaved off my pubic hair. My cock looked larger than usual against my navel. A symbolic acknowledgment that I recognized my role as a boy, a man with less experience.

  • a boy knows his Sir's body and is attentive to him during sex. he does not need to be told what to do to turn his Sir on. he knows what to do. he learns what his Sir likes and does not like. As a bottom, he craves his Sir deep inside him. Beyond submission, he hungers for sex with his Sir.

  • a boy receives his Sir's piss out of service. he becomes proficient in taking his Sir's piss so that not a drop is wasted.

  • a boy allows his playful nature to naturally emerge. he understands that this playfulness must never compromise the respect and the service that he gives to the Sir.

  • a boy wears his Leather and fetish wear under the direction of the Sir. he never wears more Leather than his Sir. he does not wear Leather that is not given or that is not approved for his use by his Sir. Before every Leather event, he asks, “What would you like me to wear, Sir?”

  • a boy treats Leather with respect. he cares for the Leather of his Sir when required. he pays special attention to boots and learns bootcare. Boots are the foundation of Leather.

  • In terms of dress, Leather is never worn haphazardly. a boy never wears athletic shoes with his Leather coat. he does not wear underwear unless it is a jock strap. And he tucks in his T-shirt, worn with a black Leather belt. Jeans must fit properly and not be dirty.

  • a boy understands that his collar belongs to his Sir. It is not his. The collar is off limits to others. No one must touch his collar. If someone tries to touch a boy's collar, he is to state in a firm but mannerly fashion, “Please do not touch my collar. It belongs to my Sir.”

  • In a public dungeon space, a boy carries the toy bag. he is either naked or wears a jock strap and boots. he stands by the space to be used in play with his hands behind his back and bows his head until his Sir is ready. he does not speak to others without permission. And when the scene is over, he remains by his Sir's side.

  • When at a Leather event, a boy does not wander off or carry on conversations with others unless he obtains his Sir's permission.

  • a boy does not play outside of established protocols. All play with other sirs is done with the express permission of his Sir. his Sir negotiates this play directly with other sirs. he should not actively cruise or seek play other than with his Sir. If he wants to play with others, he asks his Sir's permission privately.

  • a boy never speaks negatively about his Sir. All negotiations and issues are done directly with his Sir in private. Violation of this tenet puts the Sir/boy bond at risk and could be grounds for removing the collar. Of course, a boy should always assume responsibility for his own safety and seek help outside of the Sir/boy relationship if there is abuse. If this happens, the bond has already been compromised.

  • a boy is always honest with his Sir. Dishonesty and deceit destroy trust and warrant removal of the collar.


As a Sir I have learned the reciprocal responsibilities that I have relative to each of these items.

Ultimately, a Sir is defined by how he treats his boy and a boy is defined by how he treats his Sir. My alpha and I joke that I am Batman to his Robin. Inseparable.

Good luck to Sir John as he serves as Mid-Atlantic LeatherSIR for the second year. And to his new Title Family. Wishing them a great year of service to the Community.

1 comment: