Thursday, September 30, 2010

Folsom Weekend: September 24 - 26

What a whirlwind of a weekend!

If one were to paint a portrait of a Sir and boy partnership, it would be of Rod and Roger, two members of the ILSb/ICBB board and my hosts. Handsome, gracious, and well spoken, these two men took care of me the entire weekend. Rod has a dry wit that kept me entertained during the flurry of activities. After seeing me negotiate with difficulty a particularly sticky chair during dinner on Friday, Rod decided he could help by offering me a small scarf used by his cat for car trips. Thanking him, he replied that I was welcome to use his "pussy pad" any time.

Later on Friday, I attended two parties on Folsom Street. The first, at Chaps II, and the second, the titleholders' party at the Powerhouse. It was my pleasure to meet current and past titleholders, some in fairly intimate ways. (I don't kiss and tell!).

Saturday, more parties, this time at Joe the Barber's and The San Francisco Eagle. The Eagle was a uniform party hosted by BLUF, of which I am a member. I feel I look my best in a pair of Leather breeches and uniform. And, of course, my Wesco Boss Boots! The Eagle's patio was packed with Leather-clad men, bringing back memories of Folsoms many years ago. Good memories!

On Sunday morning, I headed to Donna Sachet's for her 12th annual titleholder's brunch. Donna provides a generous buffet within her home at the top of the Castro. To paraphrase her, she hosts this event every year so titleholders can enjoy a homey atmosphere outside of the usual bars and clubs, I appreciated the opportunity to actually speak to fellow titleholders without the din of musical mixes and the tide of the crowd. Thank you, Donna Sachet!

Later, the titleholders' official appearance at Folsom on the 12th Street stage. Following a cacophany backstage, we were presented one at a time in front of a cheering crowd. This is perhaps my favorite event at Folsom because it facilitates for a few fleeting moments a feeling of solidarity between the various titles, from the International to the bar titles.

It is impossible to describe the feeling of euphoria that I experienced after doing a scene with David Shorey in the bootblack's area. David has the build of a rugby player and the looks of a British tough, countered by the clearest and bluest eyes I have ever seen. As I sat in his chair and growled out orders, I watched as his face took on a fierceness that reminded me of days in Glasgow during my adolescence. With determination, we pushed and shoved our way for about half an hour, sweating and swearing. Definitely one of the highlights of my Folsom this year.

Perhaps dysphoria is a more appropriate term to describe my state following a bootscene. As I was led to the corner of Folsom and Dore by Rod and Roger, they pointed out that my bootstraps were unfastened. David, also in a mood altered state following the scene, had forgotten to buckle my Wescos. Laughing, we announced to anyone who could hear that there would be a round two. I can hardly wait!

Returning to Folsom and Dore, I noticed Mama Sandy motioning me toward her. "You are 'Mama's Mask Daddy,'" she said, wrapping her arms around me.

I am proud to be part of Mama's Family, a nexus for the Leather community. To be welcomed into Mama's Family is not only an honor but also a charge to continue to be involved in building our community, a charge I do not take lightly. Thank you, Mama, for the opportunity to be your new "Baby." (Only Mama can call me that!)

I finished off my Folsom at the Stompers' party. Stompers is the boot fetishist's mecca. As if to emphasize the scene earlier in the day, I enjoyed some final words with my bootscene bottom. "I hope the bruises aren't too bad," I said to David, realizing that we both hoped the opposite. "How are you doing?"

Bruises are the proud badges of a scene worn with pride. And David smiled broadly as He informed me that he was quite sore but just fine. He will wear the bruises for the next few days, a reminder of our scene at the Folsom Street Fair. And I will savor the memory of him braving the double blows of my Wescos on his sturdy pecs.

I love Folsom!

No comments:

Post a Comment