Monday, August 9, 2010

A Tribute: Baltimore, August 7th

It was an honor to attend a tribute hosted by Mid-Atlantic LeatherSIR John and the Mid-Atlantic title family. In Leather and Love, a tribute to boy xody.

I did not know boy xody personally. I attended to support my title brother. I have great respect for Sir John because of a shared dedication to training boys in the traditions of Leather. Last night to pay homage to xody, he had arranged artwork and quotes of boy xody on tables in the back of the room. As I read this boy's words, I was moved. A great loss to this community.

I listened as Sir Kai bid good-bye to boy xody via telephone. And I listened as his sister thanked the Mid-Atlantic community for befriending her brother.

I reflected on the words of Master Mike Zuhl the day after the contest. "A boy is a rare gift," he said.

Far more than a scene partner, a Leatherboy accepts his SIR as Guide in a journey that will take years. This gradual journey contradicts the culture of immediacy prevalent in the North America, Europe, and many parts of Asia. A journey of self-discovery that defines the life we lead in Leather.

The SIR/boy bond is the paradigm of mentorship in our Tribe. It is the foundation of our play and our relationships. It is one of the primary features of the Gay Leather lifestyle.

In Leather and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment