Dressing in BLUF gear requires that a man surrenders to a dress code that sets apart those who love Breeches and Leather Uniform. The strictness of the code defines the discipline that a BLUF man displays in relation to his second skin. Details regarding accessories to the requisite Uniform can take on extreme importance to a BLUF man: jacket type, boot maker, glove style, cut of the shirt, shape of the breeches' thigh, and, most especially, well-tailored fit of every Uniform piece. These details inform other BLUF men about the man who has respectfully surrendered himself to the code.
In a similar fashion, the upcoming BLUF events in Vancouver, British Columbia, include a number of details that will make participants' experience more satisfying.
- The Mitchells are hosting an "Cards Against Humanity" event on Friday night, November 11, for those who are participating in the BLUF events. This event will be at their home, a chance to socialize. No BLUF dress code for this event. Light refreshments provided. To learn more, contact either SIR Hugh or Doug on Facebook, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notify the hosts in advance; no exceptions!
- For those out-of-town gentlemen who go the gym, Denman Fitness is our gym of choice. Admission is a minimal $9 when accompanied by one of your in-town hosts.
- If you are arriving by bus or train and staying in Davie Village, Bus #23 is an inexpensive mode of transportation that takes you right down Davie Street. The buses run on a regular basis. The bus stop is located across the street from the station.
- If arriving by plane, the Sky Train from the airport takes you directly downtown. Get off at the "Yaletown - Roundhouse" stop, head up the stairs, and walk ten minutes to Davie Village. Or take the #23 bus that stops close by.
- If your Vancouver hosts can assist in answering any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
I am looking forward to meeting up with other BLUF aficionados in the area next weekend. There is nothing that I like more than going through the ritual of dressing in Gear in anticipation of an event: Boot socks, Breeches, shirt, boots, Sam Browne, tie, Muir Cap, gloves, and, finally, meticulously chosen items that subtly set me apart from other BLUF men.
To a great weekend of Fetish and Brotherhood here in Vancouver, BC!